Concrete raft floor construction

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys, first post so go gentle!

I am in the process of converting a large detatched bungalow that is built on a concrete raft foundation, replacing the trussed roof with rir trusses. While waiting for planning to come back after a year of Pre planning advice (yawn!), I am doing everything we need to do that dosent need planning.

Was taking three layers of ceramic tiles out today (it feels a bit like an 80's villa). Got the floor back to the screed and noticed copper pipe burried in the screed. It's dead, but on inspection of the trench the pipe is sitting in, noticed there is no Dpm between the concrete raft the house is built on and the screed.

Can anyone help me with wether there should be a dpm? If there is meant to be one, i am seriously considering removing the screed from the whole house, installing the dpm, some insulation then under floor heating. If it's fine as it is, I will just patch the screed and go for rads

Thanks in advance

Brett

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back