Concrete Sealing vs Waterproofing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

We have a concrete patio that was laid about 6 years ago. Overall its in fairly good condition, but has gotten dirty and a bit 'green' in winter.

I'm planning thoroughly cleaning this, both with a thin bleach mix and with a gentle pressure washer and then treating it to hopefully keep it in a nicer state. I don't like using a pressure washer to often as I've seen what repeated use can do.

It seems there are two main options, water proofing and sealing. I've read a few articles but none seem to be anything more than click bait to get people clicking on their Amazon referrer links so I don't really trust them.

Does anyone have any recommendations please? Also any particular brand that is particularly good? I've seen some reviews where people have posted pictures that look hideous and show all the roller marks, needless to say I'm keen to avoid this!

Thanks
Jay

Sponsored Links
I spoke to Thomson product help line and they confirmed I'd need to go seal to stop the green. Applying with a paint brush is apparently best, or a lambs wool roller as a second option and don't let it dry out too quickly.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back