Concrete sectional garage help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Im looking for help with my concrete garage.

I have a solid concrete base already down and so far seems spot on - my question is once i start to put the panels up what am i joining each section to the next with - i have new bolts ready for the job but what do i seal with -

do i use an everyday flexible silicone?
do i use something else?

Im aware i have to run a fillet of cement all round the base internal and external but its just the joining panels

hope someone knows what i mean and can point me on the right track

Sponsored Links
they cant be water tight can they?

I bought the garage second hand - it appears to have a white bond that was used between each section.

Water flow downhill so doesn't ingress between the joints. You can run general builders silicon down the rebates if you wish - use cheap stuff from screwfix.

Sponsored Links
Im looking for help with my concrete garage.

I have a solid concrete base already down and so far seems spot on - my question is once i start to put the panels up what am i joining each section to the next with - i have new bolts ready for the job but what do i seal with -

do i use an everyday flexible silicone?
do i use something else?

Im aware i have to run a fillet of cement all round the base internal and external but its just the joining panels

hope someone knows what i mean and can point me on the right track
Note we have built these garages for around 22 years, so Fillet should only be needed on the inside, and joints should be sealed with mastic. Although you can do with out the mastic, time will tell if you need to do this, we have been out and looked at some that have been rebuilt and have a water problem just small puddles due to lack of mastic. Should be able to buy some from screw fix. Hope this helps.

As Vince said, Ours has been up about 9 years now it was sealed with a type of mastic wich is now cracking in places. Once the garage was up I was told to put a fillet of cement around the bottom of the sections & the base.
JonB

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back