Concrete Shed base

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there guys,

I wonder if somebody could help. I have a concrete shed base in place very solid. I took the forms off and there are slight chips on the edges and also a slight dip of about 5mm in the middle of the base (Lack of experience I guess with the levelling). Could i fill in the dip with just a cement and water mix and fill in the cracked edge with the same mix?. Sorry to sound thick. First time of doing this kind of thing.

Sponsored Links
Yes the shed will have a treated wooden base. Do you think it will sit ok on a slight dip in the middle? Is the self levelling compound for external use as I have been looking at these and they all say internal use only.

Wouldn't it be cheaper, easier, and quicker to pack the underside of the base, to accommodate the dip?

Sponsored Links
place a few cheap tiles in the dip for the wooden base to lay over, preventing the wood from sitting in a puddle (tiles wont rot in water)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back