Concrete step - any ideas??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello people!

I've started to do a bit of work in my garden but the overall look is tarnished by grey long wide concrete step just outside of my patio doors. Its 25cm deep, a meter wide and runs the width of the house. I was going to pave over it but have been told i cant because i wont have enough room between the slabs and DPC. I don't want to break it up and get rid of it because i don't have the time, energy or money. Has anybody got any ideas of how to hide this?

Thanks in advance

Tom

Sponsored Links
Can you do a photo?

What height have you got from the dpc to the concrete?

Yeah, i can post a picture, i've got a few good quality shots on my camera - just speaking with vodafone now to enable me to send them.

The concrete is 150mm above the DPC now so i'm guessing it'll be only 100mm above by the time i add paving (i was told that building regs states a gap of 150mm??)

Cheers

Tom

Sponsored Links
Tom JE said:
The concrete is 150mm above the DPC now so i'm guessing it'll be only 100mm above by the time i add paving (i was told that building regs states a gap of 150mm??)
True but there're way round it! A photo will help us to give some idea.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back