Condemned Multi Fuel Stove - the next steps.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning all
Had this installation done in 2017 and recently been condemned for non compliant installation.
Looking for quotes to fix the work and so surprised that so many engineers who have said they cannot do the job, it is too complex.
Can anyone help with any advice, I am not sure if I am asking the right questions, but really need to get this sorted asap now,
Stove flue goes up into adjoint wall with next door, attaches to liner above which goes through chimney breast in bedroom above and into attic.
Sorry to be a pain, just really looking for some help and advice.
Best wishes.
IMG_20210116_111326.jpg
IMG_20210116_111302.jpg

IMG_20210116_111225.jpg
IMG_20210116_111415.jpg
IMG_20210116_111348.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20210116_111239.jpg
    IMG_20210116_111239.jpg
    247 KB · Views: 109
Sponsored Links
Cant make head nor tail from the pics as not very clear .whats the size and type of liner it joins to and how jointed. The obvious , the stove being free standing should be on a min of 840mm x 840mm slab .Cant see anything supporting the weight of the flue and maybe no clamps on the joints.

Tbh, I dont think anyone would certify an install with 7year old flue but would rip it out and fit new.
Under what circumstances was illegal install dicovered?

Last edited:
Cant make head nor tail from the pics as not very clear .whats the size and type of liner it joins to and how jointed. The obvious , the stove being free standing should be on a min of 840mm x 840mm slab .Cant see anything supporting the weight of the flue and maybe no clamps on the joints.

Tbh, I dont think anyone would certify an install with 7year old flue but would rip it out and fit new.
Under what circumstances was illegal install dicovered?

SEVEN year old flue !!!????? Three year old flue ? !

I would contact HETAS and the original installer ( if he wasn't HETAS registered it's a problem ).
Was the original installation notified to building control ?
Have you had the chimney swept regularly at the start and end of the heating season and recieved a certificate for the work ?

If the install is illegal and not registered they don't use it until it's correct if it causes a fire your home insures won't cover a claim.

Hearth is incorrect and the joints at the ceiling look questionable.

Sponsored Links
Where the flue goes through the ceilng it looks dodgy ......how near is to a joist I wonder .......easy enough to sort that out.

Can't see it being much of a problem to put right.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back