Condensate pipe gets blocked with gunk from sink.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, looking for advice.

As in the picture, I have a condensate pipe from the boiler joining the drain under the bathroom sink. It gets blocked every year or so and causes flame-loss fault in the boiler, which goes away once the blockage is removed.

After the last cleaning attempt, there is also a slow leak from the joint (I have tried to push it as hard as I could).

I am sure there is a better, long-term fix for this problem, any suggestions?

Thanks
drainPipes.jpg

Sponsored Links
Send more pictures left and right so we know what's accessible and where it's going to.

Fit an elbow to that tee, then a short vertical piece and then a proper coupler. Ideally it should be trapped but a Mcalpine tundish (TUN5) could maybe be used.

Just get your Service engineer to adjust it the next time they're servicing the boiler.

=================================================================================
Technically the condensate is part of the flue system so it would be classed as Gas Work
Mod

=================================================================================

Last edited by a moderator:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back