Easiest way to clear a boiler condensate drain pipe?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The drain that our boiler condensate drain pipe discharges into is currently blocked (occurred over the last week).
What is the easiest way to clear it out?
I believe the kitchen sink/dishwasher leads to the same drain so assuming they've caused a blockage somewhere.
I've stuck some drain unblocker down the sink and run hot water for a good 10 mins but the pipe that the boiler discharges into is still full.

Sponsored Links
Is it a drain or waste pipe? Photos?

Is it a drain or waste pipe? Photos?
BD33284F-BFD6-4157-B6EF-27BACE510AE3.jpeg

So it’s the bottom pipe. The top one is the condensate pipe coming down from the boiler. The bottom pipe looks to feed into the drain where waste from washing machine/sink/dishwasher go. Dishwasher, sink and washing machine all working fine and draining away. But this one not so much.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Well if that‘s disconnected and still blocked you have a blockage elsewhere. If it’s blocked after that point, then likely a buildup of grease on the end, had it quite a few times now.

Sponsored Links
Well if that‘s disconnected and still blocked you have a blockage elsewhere. If it’s blocked after that point, then likely a buildup of grease on the end, had it quite a few times now.
Yeah it’s not the boiler itself, that’s working fine but has nowhere for the condensate to discharge to with the lower bit blocked. Any ideas on best way to clear blockage? I’ve poured drain unblocker down the sink and washing machine waste as they lead to same point. But there’s no room to stick any down the condensate pipe. Was thinking of something to do a plunge effect but don’t have anything to hand.

Do you have a length of flexible garden hose you could use to try and push through the blockage?

It’ll be where the condensate tees in, might have to be a cut the piece out jobbie. Try a drain unblocked auger before anything else.

I've had quite a bit of success cobbling a short length of 10mm plastic pipe fed from a washing machine valve, it's surprising how you can make it go round an elbow.

Reactions: CBW

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back