Sink drain pulling vaccum on boiler condensate trap

is this an Ideal boiler in a new build property? My Ideal boiler gurgles as well in the utility room but as the boiler is fitted with a 75mm sealed trap according to the installation manual then this is fine.

Sponsored Links
is this an Ideal boiler in a new build property? My Ideal boiler gurgles as well in the utility room but as the boiler is fitted with a 75mm sealed trap according to the installation manual then this is fine.
Yeap it is!

Air admitance valve didn't work. still pulling through air. Someone else seems to think the drain below the sink may be blocked - does that make sense?

Sponsored Links
Air admitance valve didn't work. still pulling through air. Someone else seems to think the drain below the sink may be blocked - does that make sense?
Did you check your boiler is factory fitted with a 75mm sealed condensate trap as shown in the Ideal installation manual? if so then you'll hear the bubbling but it wont empty the trap so is safe to leave as it is.

Did you check your boiler is factory fitted with a 75mm sealed condensate trap as shown in the Ideal installation manual? if so then you'll hear the bubbling but it wont empty the trap so is safe to leave as it is.

Yes it is.

It was ideal who said it shouldn’t do that…

Yes it is.

It was ideal who said it shouldn’t do that…
my gas engineer who services it each year says its fine. Is your new build still under 2 years old? if so speak to the developer as ask the question.

I'm guessing the drain of the sink isn't connected to any soil stack with ventilation but connected directly to the outside sewer pipe. If this is the case then when the sink is emptied then the air being compressed from the waste water needs to escape somewhere and the route of least resistance is via the boiler.

Hi yeah I've asked the question to the builder it's under 2 years. They keep bringing back in the plumber to try different things.

How they are on about ripping my cupboard out to inspect the waste pipe :(

Rang Ideal - they were helpful - they are coming to have a look at it. If it's done incorrectly least then I can throw that back at the builder!

Hi, did Ideal inspect this and suggest if it was correct or not?
Yeah said to add a one way valve or a tundish. I said a tundish is no good as it lets foul smells back into the room. So the plumber fitted a one way valve today

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back