non-return valve or trap in waste

the boiler should have a condensate trap that will stop any drain smells entering the room
The boilers trap is primarily to stop the combustion gases leaking from the chamber.
Hmmmm .... of course it is but it can serve a dual purpose when connected directly to the waste.
It can, but I can't see how it would ever stop drain smells entering the room.
The only dual purpose would be to stop drain smells entering the boiler, but that's the corollary of stopping combustion gases leaking from the boiler (whether into the room or the drainage system, it's still not permitted)

Sponsored Links
How does a one-way valve "do more than a HepVo trap"?
Numpty, I will give you a clue. Hepworth sell a spigot for basins and sinks when using a HepVO trap, as the trap can be fitted remote from the sink or basin. . A HepVO trap is just an expensive waterless non-return valve. I am sure you have not figured this out.

Stick to pushing cheap boilers.

Sponsored Links
The day I need to think in order to get the better of you on a forum is the day I give up in the Internet me ol' cocker.

My son's cuddly toys could out think you matey. :LOL:

Interesting. A man fits a non return valve to prevent smells. By fitting it he could have eliminated the two water traps, although keeping them eliminates water in the drain noises.

Both traps were having the water sucked from them, although the HepVo trap probably would have solved it.
I know one guy who fitted a shower tray upstairs with no access to the trap - only via the ceiling beneath. . I suggested fitting a vertical HepVo in the room beneath and just having a spigot on the shower tray wrapped with Denso tape in case the joint fails in the distant future. He did and all is well. If he could have a horizontal run in the room beneath a non return valve was as good, and could be cleaned easily - a DIY job to clean.

Interesting. A man fits a non return valve to prevent smells. By fitting it he could have eliminated the two water traps, although keeping them eliminates water in the drain noises.

That’s a very attractive man! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back