Condensate Pump Overflowing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I have a condensing boiler with a non-gravitational route for the condensate. The company who fitted the boiler fitted a Grundfos Conlift pump to sort out the condensate. The pump is now playing up and overflowing. I can pour water into it until it overflows and it will do nothing. If I then give it a nudge it will pump some of the water out (about a litre). Changing the level of the pump gently has no effect.

I have no idea what could have caused the pump to stop working unless it has been the weather - the pipe runs throught the loft which probably fell below freezing in the worst of the weather. The pipe is insulated but it has been *very* cold.

I'm guessing the pump is shot - do you think that's correct or is there another explanation?

If I want to fit another pump (of the same type) is there anything I need to know?

Thanks in advance,

Peter

Sponsored Links
No issues about replacing the pump, but having to have condensate pumped is an absolute farce on the part of the regulations. These installations should be exempt from steamers.

Thanks Tibbot.

I'm in a tight spot: we're in the process of selling our house and due to move out on Wednesday. The only replacement pump I can get in a hurry is a Plumb Center own brand one. Do you think one of these will do? Any tips on fitting one?

Should be OK, can't be any worse. From memory overflow from boiler just sits inside top of pump, clear hose exits it and climbs to drain point. Power is from normal 240v/ac supply. Haven't done one for years and would now look to site boiler with a fall or decline the job.

Sponsored Links
I would be checking the original pump.Check the float activated switch is just not stuck.This will prevent pump emptying and overflowing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back