Condensate trap dry

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning all.

Appreciate advice on this. We had an intergas Eco RF installed in Sep 2018, it is not yet due for an annual service. When it was installed, I'm fairly sure I recall the clear condensate trap under the unit was filled with water and clean.

However, after 4 month's use. It is dry with some sort of visible dirt / debris residue. Is this an issue? Logic seems to suggest it is not condensing at all?

It is on a two zone system 1 - conventional rads and 2 UFH. The zones controlled by Honeywell Lyric t6Rs. Sometimes the boiler flow temp is as low as 40C but when first on in the morning and a large gap from set point, it is more like 70c...

Seems to be working well enough (except for the Honeywell geofencing but that is another story). We have a CO alarm / meter near the boiler and no issues.

Thanks for the advice.

Sponsored Links
Thanks. Ok I will contact installer, so does that mean it is not normal for the trap to dry out then?

Sponsored Links
Trap.jpg

Ok, well now you've made me go and look again. Maybe not.

It is just that you can't see the level of condensate in the trap, and the debris looked like it had dried out. But maybe it hasn't and completely full so I can not see the upper level. I am used to normal drainage traps where the level sits at the bend but the drain off for this looks like it is up at boiler casing height....

Thanks, probably don't need to contact installer then.......

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back