Condensation in between double-glazing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've recently noticed that there is (what appears to be) condensation in-between the two panes of glass that make up the double glazed units on 3 of my windows. Does anyone know how to remove this? or will I have to replace the glass?

Sponsored Links
It means the seal has broken down between the 2 panes of glass, you will need a double glazed new sealed unit.

So do you think I could remove the existing unit and take it to a double glazing manufacturer for them to repair to seal/reseal. It would mean that I would not have to buy a new unit which may be a slightly different thickness?

Sponsored Links
The chances of opening the unit without breaking the glass is very very slim and usually done at your own risk which means you'll end up paying for a new unit anyway.

The only time I ever open a unit is when I want to re-use any internal Georgian bars. The glass itself always breaks when I do this and I have to put the unit back together with new glass. It is very labour intensive and even if done successfully, would probably cost you more in labour costs than to buy a new unit in the first place.

It's always cheaper just to have a new unit made.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back