Condensation in kitchen cabinets

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got a problem with condensation forming on the backs of my kitchen cabinets and on metal pans in them along the back wall of my kitchen.

The issue seems to be caused by the kitchen itself getting hot and steamy and the space under and behind the cabinets being freezing.

Would fitting some vents in the plinth help at all or should i even consider fitting a plinth heater?

Alternatively should i be considering some way of getting some insulation below and behind the cupboards?

Any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
Would fitting some vents in the plinth help at all or should i even consider fitting a plinth heater?
A external fan vented out would be a good place to start to take away the moisture in the room

Heating will make condensation worse and vents in plinth will have nil effect.
Kitchens need a permanently open vent to the outside and an extractor fan which should be used whenever the cooker is it use.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back