Condensation in new build loft, 4 years old.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

New to all this but wondered if anyone can help.

I have a 4 year old part rent part buy property, i have seen alot of condesation in the attic and a very damp smell.

I checked all insulation isnt blocking eaves, checked all insulation is covering correctly, however i do have the bathroom vent connected to the roof, i have changed this to rule it out but the issue still exists.

The only thing i can find is i have another roof vent on the otherside of the loft,which is not connected to anything. I have looked everywhere but nothing can be connected and we only have the 1 bathroom upstairs.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Craig

Attachments

• 20201230_165231.jpg
    20201230_165231.jpg
    200.5 KB · Views: 293
Sponsored Links
can you see daylight through the eaves on both sides?

Is the loft hatch a close fit?

A common cause is damp air rising from below, especially if wet washing is hung indoor or draped over radiators

Hiya and thanks for the quick response.

The unit you can see in the pic is for the solar panels.

The loft hatch is fully insulated and secure.

I will check the eaves tommorow in the daytime thank you, i did make sure the insulation was not covering.

Many Thanks

Craig

Sponsored Links
Just an update as i checked everything mentioned and all was ok, had someone take a look and the problem was the felt had not been cut at the top roof so having a greenhouse effect, pic attached. Thankyou all for your help most appreciated.

Just got to fight to get them to put it right.

Craig

Attachments

• 20210102_174019.jpg
    20210102_174019.jpg
    184.5 KB · Views: 326

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back