Condensation issues - rust?

Reaction score
Country
Romania
Hello gents, would like your expert advice with a condensation matter.

For a period of about 2 weeks, I had a lot of condensation in my apartment, which is reinforced concrete + brick, built 2015, this incident was in January.

I was away for that time and when I came back I found a lot of condensation, like a very thin film over the floor and small amounts of mold under windowsills, in the form of short, singular stripes, it hadn't gotten to be proper colonies yet.

Anyway, I immediately ventilated and turned up the heat, which I had set too low before leaving... yeah...

Some repairs of the paintwork were done and there hasn't been excessive humidity or mold for months now. I have humidity monitors in every room, it never goes over 50% except in the bathroom while bathing.

However, I'm still worried about rust, specifically the concrete reinforcement rusting. There are no visible issues, no flaking, no spalling, no cracks, other than a few hairline cracks in gypsum board in a few places.

Do you think the concrete is going to degrade faster because of 2 weeks high humidity? Should I be expecting any damage soon?

Thanks, I appreciate it.

Sponsored Links
You will be fine ref the re-bar in the concrete, and should be fine regarding the condensation.
My advice ref condensation would be 24/7: to have trickle heat set at whats appropriate for the month, and trickle ventilation.
Have & use extractors in the kitchen and esp in the bathroom.

You might ask your neighbours if they have any issues with condensation?

Read the similar topics at the bottom of this page and on the Forum.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back