Condensation on Insulation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a lean to roof on the new extension with a vaulted ceiling. Breathable membrane beneath the tiles. 100mm insulation between the rafters leaving a 50 mm gap between the membrane and the top of the insulation.

The whole surface area of the ceiling has been covered with 40mm insulation (As instructed by Building Control) Then the plasterboard.

Where the plasterboard is yet to be fitted I noticed that there is a thin layer of condensation on the 40mm insulation and the old exterior wall is damp near the ceiling. I was working in there yesterday and everything was dry.

Is this simply the early morning sun has heated up the roof and the room beneath was cold? Or is there a problem with something?

Thank for your advice.

Sponsored Links
if its foilbacked insulation with taped joits this will act as the vapour barrier

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back