Damp in loft. Wet membrane or felt. Condensation or evidence of leak?

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Hi all,

Property is 2003 semi-D that we purchased a couple of years ago. The first winter we were in I noticed condensation on the underside of the membrane in the loft. We added insulation, increased ventilation, and fitted all water tanks with lids and lagging jackets. Condensation has gone down a good bit but I still notice some damp patches on the membrane. At this point I'm not sure if it's condensation or possibly tell-tale signs of a roof leak from damaged tiles.

It seems pretty minor and there is enough ventilation for it to go away. At the moment it's lashing rain out with 96% humidity. I'm not sure if I need to possibly take another look at the tanks or if it could be out on the roof tiles.

Sponsored Links
I noticed the same pattern in two of the three different pitches of the roof, the back pitch just above water tank and along the side above the loft hatch. In some places there are just damp patches next to the timbers but in other places there seem to be bands of damp that stretch between timbers and have visible water droplets.

Hello. I look to have the same issue in my loft, did you work out if it was a leak or condensation?

Thanks

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back