condensation solved ? for john d

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
the condensation prob i had in the loft has gone for now, i removed the kingspan from the roof and it compleatly dried out , when using the shower i have closed the door and opened the window. i have since put the kingspan back but incresed the airgap from 35 mm to approx 60 mm and taped up the joints, i will put a polythene sheet up between the kingspan and t and g soon. i have also ordered a extractor fan. if this has solved the problem do u think i should increase the airgap on the south facing roof cause this has never had condensation ?

Sponsored Links
that's good news. Do you reckon it was improving the ventialtion in the space where the condensation occurred that did the trick?

If you've found the solution to the probel, it makes sense to implement it throughout the loft. In a long period of dull overcast winter there may be no sun to bring the Southern slope up to temp; or we might have an even colder winter that chills it more.

i do think because the gap is now approx 60 mm it has made a difference,it does worry me that once i finish it off with the vapour barrier and tongue and groove the condensation will return. just have to suck it and see

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back