finishing under sealed balcony

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have recently had our balcony refinished to these standards...Polymer Membrane to be laid on to 350gsm separation fleece and mechanically fixed into T&G roof deck using SP40 steel pressure plates and RS fasteners. I mention this as I now want to finish the ceiling in the room on the underside of the roof where the joists and T&G are visible.

I have done some reading up on existing posts and see that before I board the ceiling I need to consider insulation, the ideal for me would be to use some 120mm kingspan non-foil backed sheets that I have left over from a previous project, cut up and fitted between the joists...the joists are 150mm.
My quandry is would 30mm airgap be enough and if it is ok, where should the airgap be, under or over the kingspan.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back