Condensimiser

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
20200123_145326.jpg

Hi, Has anyone seen this unit before and aware of its function, it is installed on a Aga running underfloor heating including a wood burner.

Thanks

Attachments

• 20200123_145326.jpg
    20200123_145326.jpg
    168.2 KB · Views: 94
Sponsored Links
Thanks, Yes I assumed that as well as it is next to the Heatmiser underfloor UH1-W control centre. They didnt know what is was or what it did.

When the underfloor stat kicks on the green light comes on (heat), but when the 2 port motors across the red (boiler) light sometimes flick on and straight off.

Two screws there just asking to be undone for a look inside!

Sponsored Links
I know the switched from the 2 port goes in but everything else disappears into the wall

We have one as part of our heating system

It uses an "external temperature sensor automatically to adjust boiler output (flow) heat to maintain a constant indoor temperature and maximum economy" to quote the instructions (of which i have a set).

i believe ours is supposed to reduce the boiler burning times when the weather is milder, and does this in some clever way by monitoring the temperature differences between the boiler output and the external sensor (and it has 2 integral overrides, 1 for heating the domestic hot water so that the the hot water is fully hot ... and 2 for initial burn time when the heating system fires up from cold so that the boiler gets up to full working temperature at least once each time it goes on thus putting an initial boost around the home)

the green light on the front is to show it is on (ie when the heating is timed to be on) and the red light shows when it is requiring the boiler to produce heat ... note that you can also press the red light (once the green is on) as another boost to full boiler temperature for a period of time just like the initial boost described at 2 above.

it is "tuned" to the house thermal efficiency / level of insulation on initial fitting via the 4 blue controls at the top of the unit (they have small white plastic screw heads with little arrows on)

I am happy to photo and post on-line the instructions i have ... though should say they are only how to set up and they do not cover fault finding .... and of course the unit installed in another system may well function or be be set up quite differently to ours.

Thank you for the information, the customer found the installation instructions and traced the issue to a faulty external sensor that was not installed in a weatherproof housing so had corroded.

Had a replacement made with a dedicated housing and probe from an electronics company. Works perfectly now.

Thanks .... I have some doubts about how well ours is working .... so this gives me a possible way forward

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back