Condensing boiler flue position

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

To my mind, our condensing boiler flue looks a bit close to the vents in the eaves (see picture). Any thoughts from the experts on here much appreciated.

Thanks
Michael

Attachments

• P_20211211_135127.jpg
    P_20211211_135127.jpg
    186.3 KB · Views: 214
Sponsored Links
What make of boiler is it?

Even if it's within the MI's, just from a visual positioning perspective that isn't the best with it having the obvious potential to feed POC's into the roof space. Is the attic converted?

From the looks of it you are high up?

Sponsored Links
I doubt it’s in the mi’s as acceptable. Standard is usually 200mm from eaves, but can, mi’s permitting, be reduced to clear overhang, but yours clearly doesn’t.

I doubt it’s in the mi’s as acceptable. Standard is usually 200mm from eaves, but can, mi’s permitting, be reduced to clear overhang, but yours clearly doesn’t.

It’s the vents that is the problem

IIRC , the clearance can be reduced to 25/75mm from eaves

It’s the vents that is the problem
Yes I know, I had a quick look at the Vaillant manual, theirs is 25mm providing it can clear the overhang
IIRC , the clearance can be reduced to 25/75mm from eaves
but can, mi’s permitting, be reduced to clear overhang, but yours clearly doesn’t.

In a number of MI's, if the flue has been extended beyond the eaves/guttering the gap can be reduced to 25mm but that's obviously not the case here.

IIRC not all manufacturers allow their flues to be extended, showing white like that, hence asking for the boiler make.

Do you have access to the loft space?
No matter what the appropriate long term solution is, it may be worth blocking and sealing the soffit vents for a reasonable distance each side of the flue.
It shouldn't adversely affect the loft ventilation.
Just make sure the boiler is off, if you choose to do this! :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back