condensing boiler flues

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello all,

is it possible to use a different make flue for a condensing boiler? eg. if i had a biasi condensing boiler, could a potterton (or any other make) condensing flue be used? are condensing boiler flues interchangeable?

the manufacturers will say use only their flues, but all they look same..

i understand condensing boiler flues have a plastic inner pipe.

i'm not saying this should be done, just noticed this over the years from offcuts of flues i've had over the years from my boiler installer..

help appreciated...

Sponsored Links
hello all,

is it possible to use a different make flue for a condensing boiler? eg. if i had a biasi condensing boiler, could a potterton (or any other make) condensing flue be used? are condensing boiler flues interchangeable?

the manufacturers will say use only their flues, but all they look same..

i understand condensing boiler flues have a plastic inner pipe.

help appreciated...

Yes its fine as long as you use the right Flue connector and you rub it with the easter bunny after being through santas wash cycle, after that had been attached by the toothfair from narnia!

No there not you fit the correct flue for the correct boiler from the correct manufacture anything else is a modification and thus a riddor offence!

No only the flue recommended by the manufacturer can be used, as these are the only ones that have been tested and certified for that appliance

Sponsored Links
You'll find maufacturers use words like 'multifit' or 'uniflue' to push the message that all their flues fit all their own range, not other makes. Any ACS course will be quick to inform you that manufacturer instructions override any other instruction. So they can do what they see fit with flues.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back