Condensing boiler help?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi people, this is my first post on here. I've been set some work at college and i'm struggling a bit. We have to advise somebody of a boiler type and location for a office block. The lecturer has suggested we use a condensing boiler but i'm new to all this and need some general help. I've researched the condensing boiler but i'm not too sure on where would be the best location for one in a office block. The basement or the roof has been suggested but i'm just usure about where it should be put and why it should be put there?! HELP!! Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Things to consider with a condensing boiler.

Where is the condensate going to drain to (basement could be problem, might need a lift pump)

If a system boiler where is the prv discharge going to exit the building?

Where would the flue terminate? If in a basement how would you get this to comply to regs.

Proximity of the gas supply/meter. The further away, the larger the pipe, the greater the cost.

Access for servicing. Access for pipe work to rads etc.

Qualifications of fitters as this sounds commercial sized.

HTH

you also need some reference to the size of the office area, number of rads heat input requirement, then cross reference that to the size of the incoming gas supply and meter...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back