Conflict between wiring centre diagram and wireless receiver diagram

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
I'm yet another poor sole trying to get their heads around central heating wiring.

I've currently got a Salus IT500 configured to run just central heating. Boiler is a Worcester 34CDI.
Now i've added UFH to downstairs I want to be able to control 2 zones, upstairs rads and downstairs UFH. So i've gone and purchased the IT300 sensor.
The receiver for both sensors is 2 channel, I've looked inside and it's currently switching the boiler volt free.

I've also purchased x2 2 port valves and a Heatmiser UH4 wiring centre.

The Salus installation instructions show both 2 port valves being controlled by the 2 channel receiver, the orange and grey contact switch wires then going back to boiler. These instructions assume that both zones are just CH.

On the other hand the Heatmiser UH4 drawing shows the wiring centre taking care of the 2 port valves (as well as UFH pump, etc)
So does the configuration need to be that the 2 channel receiver output goes to the wiring centre as if it were 2 room stat's. 1 Channel to zone 4 for UFH and the other to ....zone 1,2 or 3?. The wiring centre will be the link back to boiler to command for heat?
THe Heatmiser drawing is also confusing in that it says a switch should be to 'Yes', if zone 4 is for UFH valve and pump yet below zone 4 it appears to be linked to a CH zone valve, the UFH pump and valve have their own dedicated connection point?

All the drawings I've found don't show a wifi receiver in use but dedicated stats.

Any advice / guidance would be greatly appreciated.
Many thanks

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back