Conifer revival?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
IMG_7439.JPG
Hi guys and girls..

Been cutting back in the garden and a laurel tree has been blocking the light to the conifers.. do you think they will regrow? Or is it going to be a case of them coming down?

Sponsored Links
cut conifers have a good chance of sprouting upwards from a cut top, but don't like to regrow sideways from brown wood.

You can try pruning the branches and twigs back, perhaps you will find some green under the bark.

But IMO they are more suitable for the bonfire. If they are Leylandii, they are a menace in a small garden.

IMG_7444.JPG IMG_7446.JPG IMG_7447.JPG
cut conifers have a good chance of sprouting upwards from a cut top, but don't like to regrow sideways from brown wood.

You can try pruning the branches and twigs back, perhaps you will find some green under the bark.

But IMO they are more suitable for the bonfire. If they are Leylandii, they are a menace in a small garden.

I thought this may be the case. A shame really. This is the picture from the other side.

I'd still like them to be used as a screen for the top section of the garden so may cut the tops off and weave something between them save digging them out. Use the trunks and the uprights.

If would be nice too if you'd wait a few months? There's more than likely a few young bird families in those trees. Always think it's best to cut large stuff down in winter myself.

Good luck with it, am envious of your large garden :)

Sponsored Links
If would be nice too if you'd wait a few months? There's more than likely a few young bird families in those trees. Always think it's best to cut large stuff down in winter myself.

Good luck with it, am envious of your large garden :)

Don't worry - love the birds in our garden too much to disturb them so will make sure any cutting will definitely checked out fully or at the right time :)

Phew! Thanks, shame not everyone is as thoughtful and kind. :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back