Connect Camera to phone

Sponsored Links
What have you tried?

Does the camera not suggest a certain app you should use? Have you entered correct connection details I.e IP/port/username/password.

If trying to connect outside of your local network have you setup port forwarding?

Just read the camera details so I assume the app should make the above simple. Also not to point out the obvious but your not trying to connect your phone to the camera you know the camera has to connect to your WiFi network?

I have a Motorola camera similar to one shown, I have to use a smart phone to connect I use a Samsung phone it will not allow me to make the connection to the home wifi with a PC it has to be a phone. I down loaded app, I press button on bottom of camera when the app tells me to and select my camera, then enter in the wifi codes for my router, then from this point I can use a PC.

In my case the app is hubble, the camera uses a central server as most home routers do not have a fixed IP address, the in my case Motorola uses hubble and you can use it free with no recording or pay for it to auto record. It is the server in my case hubble which determines how good the camera is, if over subscribed then you can find there is no access to camera, the PC always uses the server even from home, the phone can work direct when at home.

I found mine rather hit and miss, it often needs resetting not a clue why, and using the internet so often the server is not available, idea was to monitor mother, however the door or bed alarms would go off, I would try to view and listen to see if all OK, and either mothers internet, my internet or server internet was down and it did not work.

The cheap cameras tend to be pants with instruction poorly translated from chinese.

I use old iphones with the "presence" app, very reliable and will auto turn on recording via motion sensor whenever you leave the house.Saves lots of recording of you or your cat wandering around the home.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back