Connect to old soil pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello people im putting a toilet in an old type coal house for my pensioner dad,the house pipe in photos is. Is pvc and at the bottom into ground is cast iron..pipe run is under 2 metres..when i lift the slabs to reveal to cast pipe how deep does the cast go normally as i want to put a t joint onnit to new toilet..ill admit it ive no ground work experience..
And can i use a rubber t underground..
Thanks people for any replies..

Attachments

• 6AEDF50D-1BB3-4DF1-974C-976AA9519293.jpeg
    6AEDF50D-1BB3-4DF1-974C-976AA9519293.jpeg
    275.3 KB · Views: 212
  • 37CECFBC-1B1B-47EA-9C80-640C504C07D2.png
    37CECFBC-1B1B-47EA-9C80-640C504C07D2.png
    498.8 KB · Views: 195
Sponsored Links
Where's the nearest manhole?
You need to provide a way to rod the new section and the work also needs to be passed by building control... They can suggest what they would want.

Nearest manhole i think is in a neighbours garden maybe ,not mine ,also i soppose i could put a 90 with an inspection hole on the pipe entering the coal house..

Attachments

• 2B32F3DF-729F-4AFF-B5D4-FDFE2182DCF0.jpeg
    2B32F3DF-729F-4AFF-B5D4-FDFE2182DCF0.jpeg
    21.6 KB · Views: 185
As above, consult with Building Control, preferably before you start work as they'll want some input into the project

Sponsored Links
I think you need to determine the depth of the drain before going any further, connecting to the vertical section may not be possible, as no connections are allowed within 450mm above the invert (bottom) of the drain.

Trace the drain, and identify a suitable point nearby where you could connect, then allow for fitting a chamber there, and then run the new drain back to your proposed WC position from the chamber. If Building Control want anything different, you can discuss the options with them, but ultimately it'll need to comply with regs. http://upload2.evocdn.co.uk/jhai/uploads/download/3_0_br-pdf-ad-h-2010.pdf

Come back and ask for further advice if still not sure.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back