Connecting a built in eye level double oven unit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am extending and refurbishing my kitchen. Part of the work will entail fitting new kitchen units and white goods. It is proposed to install the new Bosch Double Oven Unit(HBM43B260B) into a double oven tall kitchen housing unit.
My question is what will be the easiest and best way to connect this unit to the existing cooker power supply. I have a free standing electric cooker at the moment which is connected to a combined cooker and socket outlet point.
This will be removed. I want to avoid any of the cooker cable from being visible but at the same time need to ensure the new oven unit can be easily disconnected from the electricity supply should it need to be removed from the housing unit. I will have base units and wall units adjoining the oven housing unit. Was thinking of using the normal flush cooker connection unit but was concerned about getting access to this due to it being behind the adjacent kitchen base unit which will have a back panel to it.

Sponsored Links
Normal would be a cooker switch, then feed on to a ccu behind the oven, then a heat proof flex from ccu to oven.

The switch turns the circuit off and the ccu is a break / termination point.

Have you checked that the existing cabling and mcb is suitable for the double oven load / wattage.

A few things you need to be aware of legal requirements for kitchens in regards to electrical work.
The design of the circuit, cable size, volt drop, protective device ratings, the need for RCD protection. Inspection, testing, certification or any addition, alteration or new circuits.
The isolator should be within 2 metres of the appliance and easily accessible and visible.
Cable must be routed in safe zones or buried within wall at 50mm or more.
(please not the building regulations for depths of chase at one sixth of brick/block width for horizontal chase and one third for vertical chase)
or mechanically protected.
Links will follow:
Follow the manufacturers instructions regarding connections.
//www.diynot.com/wiki/electrics:part_p
//www.diynot.com/wiki/electrics:inspection_and_testing
//www.diynot.com/wiki/electrics:installation_techniques:walls
http://www.waveney.gov.uk/site/scripts/documents_info.php?documentID=258&categoryID=811&pageNumber=5

Sponsored Links
How easily would you like? If your cooker has either giving off electrical shocks or was electrically on fire.
But not where you need to lean over hot appliances to perform the function.
A logical location would be needed.
But I hope you knew that and was just being a dick!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back