Connecting a Honeywell DT92E to a Worcester 24i RSF

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there all,

My central heating system has no room thermostat attached and I am planning to connect a Honeywell DT92E to a Worcester 24i RSF Combi boiler.

At present the boiler has an old-looking mechanical clock attached.

Not wanting to cause any damage to my system I am looking for a sanity check on how to wire this up. Should be dead easy I know, but I do seem to have a track record of knackering things up when it comes to household electrics!

The diagrams below show the two options I can think of:
OR

The BDR91 is the honeywell wireless receiver relay unit and I've shown the clock timer and boiler connections as well.

Am I right in thinking the second option (image on right) is the correct one? I assume that if I use the first option, the wireless receiver unit will only have power if the clock is demanding the boiler to fire up (which I assume is bad).

Using the second option the receiver will have permanent power and will always operate the internal relay but boiler will only fire if timer is also set or manually overridden create an AND effect. Hopefully my logic is correct here. I found the manual for the DT92E a tad confusing and have had no experience fitting such a device. Just don't want to foul things up.

Cheers all

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back