connecting a plinth heater

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I intend to replace a small kitchen rad with a Smith plinth heater but the recommended model (SS3) for the space (17m3) doesn't come bundled with flexible pipes & isolation vales like the higher BTU-rated models.

I found some 300/500/1000mm braided flexible 15mm hoses in B&Q but noticed they were rated at Max 70C / Max 16bar. These aren't tap connectors, they're proper 15mm compression fit at both ends. Are these suitable for domestic CH connection?

If not (or alternatively), should I just buy the higher-rated model (SS5), suitable for 29m3 which comes bundled with flexihose and restrict flow using the feeder valve?

NB. I'll be attaching this to an 8mm microbore open-vented system, presumably via reducers.

Sponsored Links
I've never worked out why they don't supply the appropriate hose with the SS3 :confused:

Others will probably disagree, but I always specify the SS5 to get the supplied hoses with isolators buit in and they are push fit ;)

gas4you said:
Others will probably disagree, but I always specify the SS5 to get the supplied hoses with isolators buit in and they are push fit ;)

Thanks for the advice. Could you estimate the length of the hoses? I'll have to screw around a bit to mate them with the existing 8mm microbore...

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back