smiths ss5 plinth heater

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've tried to look through the forum and tried things that have been suggested but find myself stuck again and asking for help.

Have a smiths ss5 plinth heater. looking at the smiths site believe it is the 12v model rather than the duel.

The cold fan was working but not the heating aspect originally however I have now got the heating side to blow air through, however it is not hot.

I have used the bleed valve on the front, water is coming through fast and clear with only a slight hissing.

The top pipe is now hot to touch however the lower one is not. it is virtually cold and can only feel slight heat through it.

The isolation valves are fully open

The plug states 13a fuse however the smiths site says 3a. had a look in the plug and there is a 13a fuse. does this need changing or not.

Any help would be appreciated as was going to have a radiator installed in the kitchen but if I can get this working I won't need to.

thanks in advance. kev

Sponsored Links
cheers for the reply. when you say blocked supply hoses do you mean the flex pipes at the rear. if so is it an easy fix which I can do with very limited knowledge or would it be a case of having to get somebody in to do it.

cheers

Turn off all the radiators in your house by closing the valves on them, hopefully this will then force the blockage clear as the pump will be putting all of its effort into the plinth heater.

Sponsored Links
Indeed, that's how I clear my fan convectors, by turning everything else off and using the full force of the pump.

If the fan is running but there is no heat, there is no hot water flow in the heat exchanger.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back