Connecting Bosch EasyControl to Bosch Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to connect a Bosch EasyControl to my Worcester Greenstar Highflow 440CDi. While I am a qualified sparky, I have no experience of heating controls. None of my local heating engineers is interested in fitting it (too small a job, not worth their time) or want £200-300 to make it worth their while.

My understanding is, the EasyControl smart thermostat plinth connects to the EMS bus on the boiler (low voltage twin core flex, no polarity). On the boiler installation diagram, it looks like it wires directly into terminals BB on connector ST8. Can anyone confirm this?

It's just £200-300 seems an awful lot of cash to pay out just to run a simple flex through a couple of stud walls and the loft!

EasyControl Installation Guide: https://www.worcester-bosch.co.uk/p...rol-installation-and-operating-instructions-2

Boiler Installation Guide: https://www.worcester-bosch.co.uk/support/literature/download/6720818077

Sponsored Links
...then, when I've connected this up, what do I do with the current wireless thermostat? Do I have to decouple this with the receiver on the boiler? Or remove the receiver completely?

Receiver on boiler and wireless thermostat. Is that any help?

Attachments

• IMG_6559 3.jpg
    IMG_6559 3.jpg
    196.5 KB · Views: 257
  • IMG_6560 3.jpg
    IMG_6560 3.jpg
    192.6 KB · Views: 168
Sponsored Links
That will have to be disconnected before you fit the easy control

Thanks, Ian. Do I need to put a blanking plate in, or can I just disconnect and leave it in place?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back