Connecting drain to closed boss on bottle gully

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I’d like to use a bottle gully which currently takes the output from a roof downspout to take the output from a perforated pipe drain I plan to run behind a new retaining wall in the garden. The bottle gully in question has closed boss inlets (eg marley ug50). Presumably you need to solvent weld something onto the boss to make use of the connection? Can someone enlighten me as to what is normally used to connect to 110mm?

PS all new drains are being installed so I have the option of connecting the perforated pipe to the pipe run from the gully to the IC with a branch. Besides simplifying the pipework, I liked the idea of using the gully trap to collect any soil that may get past the pipe sock. Is this a stupid idea?

thanks

Sponsored Links
If it's just a plugged ring seal entry you should be able to just chamfer the new pipe and lubricate it, then insert it.
Regarding having a silt trap that can be a good idea because surface water drains can easily get plugged up with silt. Thames water had a lot of fun trying to get ours cleaned out, including the huge one in the street!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back