Connecting new electric oven & gas hob

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Installing electric oven (4kW) and gas hob into new kitchen. Just want to check the existing wiring is all good and up to regs. From what I've read it sounds fine just want to double check.

There is a dedicated circuit for the oven, 6mm T&E from the consumer unit with a 32A MCB. This runs to a 45A cooker control unit in the kitchen. The cooker control unit is connected to a single cooker outlet plate below the worktop (again 6mm). Another length of cable (still 6mm) will run from here to the terminals on the back of the oven.

There is a single switched socket housed in the same back box, connected to the 'out' terminals of the outlet plate with a short length of, you guessed it, 6mm T&E. Hob will plug directly into this socket with a standard 3 pin plug. Instructions don't mention fuse rating but from what I've read it shouldn't exceed 3A as it's just for the igniter.

I am assuming it doesn't matter whether the single socket is wired to the 'in' or the 'out' terminals of the outlet plate?

Have I missed anything? Cheers!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back