Wiring oven and Hob together

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm currently installing a new built in electric oven (2.4kw) and separate hob (6.6kw)

I have run a radial from the CU in 6mm T&E to the cooker control unit and then to the terminal outlet box which in turn feeds the hob.

It it possible to connect a single socket from the terminal outlet box to feed the oven?

Would this have to wired in 6mm? and also and what spec. of socket would be required?

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your reply Luminaire,

So from the dual appliance outlet plate i can wire a 13amp socket in 6mm to plug the oven into?

So from the dual appliance outlet plate i can wire a 13amp socket in 6mm to plug the oven into?

You could, but this would serve no purpose. If you use one of those outlets, you just have a piece of 6mm cable from the outlet to the oven terminals.

If you want to plug the oven in, you need a dual backbox, a single unswitched socket and a single outlet plate.

Incoming cable - single socket - outlet plate (all in 6mm).
As shown here: //www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1155421#1155240

(that is a surface mount box, flush mount boxes are also available)

Sponsored Links
Hi re the link and advice above are the terminals of a single skt suitable for 2x 6mm and also the flc of the oven and the hob?

better off incoming cable - outlet - single skt or the double outlet plate with 6mm into single skt.

imho :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back