connecting on to lead waiste pipes

yes still enjoying it, teaching a short (16week, then they are out for 10 week placement then back in for 2 weeks for ACS) gas course at the moment for adult re-trainees so that is quite enjoyable, these courses seem busier than ever at the moment, we have another starting in August then another in October, no apprentices (or beauty therapists or hairdressers :oops: )in college at the moment, only my class and a couple of others so things are quite quiet and we have the place to ourselves so its fine, i might move on to a term time contract at xmas so will have 12 weeks holiday next year, working through this year as i'm the new boy but it is all paid work and extra for the hols so quids in at the moment, we have 2 1st year apprentice classes for next term as well so things are not too bad.
Not cheap these courses. Am glad it's pleasantly busy, especially as I was under an impression that the current climate meant fewer people would be upskilling/retraining given the shortfall in employment prospects.
Pity there aren't enough "girlies" for you to flirt with - they would look to you as a sugar daddy for sure ;) :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Capt. Kirkgas is pretty close ;) Though I would wipe a stub of copper onto the lead then use the Mac. Adapter onto that....just because I can :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Capt. Kirkgas is pretty close ;) Though I would wipe a stub of copper onto the lead then use the Mac. Adapter onto that....just because I can :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
i hate to put down a guy who says i'm right, BUT i dont think we are meant to solder lead to copper anymore are we? perhaps it is ok on waste pipe, certainly not allowed to do it on water supplies,
PS i haven't done it for a while but i'm quite sure i could still do a finger wipe joint between them as well, must admit wasnt great at lead to copper ball joints when we used to do them, did plenty that were 100% water tight though, just didnt look as good as the old guys version (Sh1t, now i'm one of the old guys)

Sponsored Links
So, where would you get a stub of copper anyway? It's starting to get skilled and expensive, whereas tape and putty.... ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back