1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Connecting oven + induction hob

Discussion in 'Electrics Outside of the UK' started by maciej, 18 Jun 2014.

  1. maciej


    18 Jun 2014
    Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I have moved to a new flat recently (Paris, France), and in few days I'm going to get new oven and induction hob like these:
    * oven - http://www.darty.com/nav/achat/encastrable/four-four/four_encastrable/faure_fop27908ba_noir.html - max 3380 W
    * induction hob - http://www.darty.com/nav/achat/gros...sson/table_induction/sauter_sti984b_noir.html - max 7200 W

    Looking into relevant manuals, the one for hob suggests using 32A MCB (http://www.apreslachat.com/document-main/1jdpa6kqmytpwepfe97kpt7fdc picture on page 7), I can't really find anything relevant in oven's manual (http://www.electrolux-ui.com/2012/397/231201FR.pdf).

    From diversity calculation (assuming it could be applied to induction hobs) it seems (at least in theory) I would need 21A for both of them running on the same circuit (7200 W + 3380 W = 10580 W / 230 V = 46 A - 10A = 36A * 30% = 11A + 10A), or 26A if connecting them through wall socket (but then again, I guess this shouldn't be done this way? Rather with something like http://www.diynot.com/network/flameport/albums/2384/9110 ?)

    In my CU I have a 32A MCB specifically for kitchen cooker. Which, again in theory, should work fine running both of them.

    Now, apparently when ordering them, I get both delivery and installation included in the price, so at the end of the day it's not going to be me doing that, but am just curious if all the things above make sense, and be a bit prepared for the installation process.

    Edit: image link and manual links.
  2. Sponsored Links
  3. BLX


    4 Jan 2008
    Thanks Received:
    Under French wiring regulations you require 1 x 32A circuit for the induction hob & a separate dedicated 16A socket circuit for the independent oven. The 32A circuit can terminate in either a simple cable outlet that the flex from the job wires directly into, or you could use a (very bulky) 32A plug & socket combination.

    My experience (& a brief look at the oven you have in mind) would suggest that the cable on the oven will be 1,5mm². If you were to share the supply you would need to provide some local protection for it, as it can't be left running via 32A breaker, for (hopefully) obvious reasons.
  4. DIYnot Local

    DIYnot Local

    3 Sep 2019
    United Kingdom

    If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

    Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

    Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local


Share This Page