connecting plastic to a cast iron tee

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey is there any way I can connect plastic to the cast iron tee of my soil stack as I am wanting to move the toilet in my bathroom over 2 foot. Is there a fitting I can put in the tee to convert to 4inch plastic. Thanks for any help

Sponsored Links
the best way to do this is by using "timesaver" connections, they bolt together and will seal plastic or CI, you can also fit plastic into a CI branch and seal it with rope and silicone, it depends what pipe configuration you have at the moment

will a timesaver" connections work though as its the tee itself I want to connect in to by taking the lead out that comes in now?

Sponsored Links
yes it would, have used it many times (any time i mention it on here i ususally get pelters :LOL: ) although i have found when you use it between CI & plastic it usually moves a bit, maybe due to plastic & CI expanding at different rates,

Thanks kirkgas so If I put some plastic pipe in then put plumbers mate in the space between the plastic pipe and the CI tee then paint this black. Is that the best way of doing this.

Thanks so does this just push in to the cast iron socket then it will accept. 4inch plastic

Also is there a special name for this item. Or do I just need to ask for a C.I socket to plastic adapter?

Click on the link, then click on the "Connections to drainage" link. Instructions are last but one on the page, looks like it just does 'push in' to the CI socket though! Your 110mm plastic spigot will fit into it then.

I'd order by part number otherwise you may not get something so simple to use!

Thanks so does this just push in to the cast iron socket then it will accept. 4inch plastic

Yes, as long as the cast is 4" and not 3 1/2"

do I just need to ask for an Osma C.I socket to plastic rubber adapter?

You may need to quote the Osma part number too ( 4S206 ) as some may not know what it is, but the number will come up on their computer.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back