Connecting plastic to cast iron tee

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey I'm swapping my bathroom the toilet that is in is connected to a cast iron stack via a tee. I'm wanting to connect on to this tee then elbow in to the house in plastic to connect to the new toliet. Is there a fitting you can buy that will fit in to the cast iron tee the except 4inch plastic waste? Thanks for any help I realy don't want to replace the stack

Sponsored Links
I was wondering if I could cut the lead that comes out of the socket flush to the end of the cast iron tee then put a pan conector in this and paint it black?

Don`t cut it flush :eek: . Leave as long a stub of lead as you can . It will probably need bell-ing out to get connector to fit in :idea:

Sponsored Links
thanks Nige F do you reackon I will probably have to get the lead out of the tee to get the pan connector to fit. I thought I may have to leave the lead in as I think I have heard its the cast iron pipe itself that a pan connector will fit in to. With the branch on the tee begin bigger I thought it may be best to leave the lead in. Thanks for any advice

Does the lead come into the bathroom ? If it does, cut it flush with the wall and insert a long pan connector into this.

you`ll have a job getting the lead out of the T :eek: But it is possible to make the lead bigger by heating and tapping round inside with a bossing mallet. Problem is it`s all really a job for an old skool plumber - not a long job, but not really diy :cry: I had thought about suggesting a flexseal pipe joiner, to go over the outside of the lead and the plastic www.flexseal.co.uk but I don`t know how well it would work on the lead :confused: You could try that , then it`s not a great £££ outlay, and it might be fine

it is possible to make the lead bigger by heating and tapping round inside with a bossing mallet.

Its a lot easier using a dummy (it's a tool, basically a wiped joint on a cane stick)

What size cast is it? 3 1/2" or 4"? It will be stamped on the collar. You can connect to either quite easily if you know what size it is.

Nige
I had thought about suggesting a flexseal pipe joiner, to go over the outside of the lead and the plastic

You used to be a rubber connector called a Gibcon which went over lead. Never saw them for years so maybe stopped making them though the company are still going.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back