connecting rain water to sewer.

building regulations state that a new soak a way has to be at least 5.5m away from the house, and at 1 square cubic meter per 15 square meters of roof area the water falls from. you are now not allowed to run storm water in to fowel drains.
You can get advice on the design for the soak a way from the water authority. For heavy clay its best to have a deep rectangular soak a way filled with clean crushed hard core.( broken clean bricks only). Its not how deep or how big it is. Its how its designed that matters.

Spending a LOT of my time doing land drainage system and soil improvement work for people that are stuck on clay, can you tell me exactly how that will work then?

as for planting conifers, well they will struggle on a heavy clay soil anyway

Sponsored Links
our local authority BDC is great if it fails a percolation test irrespective of ground make up connect to drains. do agree though that nothing is finer for keeping drains clear than additional water, but suspect it is the processing cost thats the issue. as if you filter straight to water table water companies do not need to spend as much processing it but will still charge you the same to give it you back. but this is only my theory

Have been wrong before. I thought I was wrong, but it turned out I was right. :LOL:

Hi

I was born here but its so funny to realise how English all these remarks are.

If you see the other countries just run drain pies onto the grass about two metres away from the house. That means you trip over them if you are not looking!

But you could use hoses.

Typically they advise collecting water in a rain butt then a hose goes out for the garden. Under soil to disguise it. Water plants the modern way. Holes in hose.

This way you could distribute the rain anywhere. Even to the roadside drain maybe!

A video showed a nice soak away. It was like a dry river bed with plants in it. In other words lot of stones, or slate.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back