Connecting Saniflo Waste to a Shower Waste?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

We are going to have to put in a Saniflo. It's going into a new ensuite.

I'd rather not have the sink and shower running into the Saniflo, as hair is an added item to potentially clog them.

I'd like to have a separate waste for the shower.
But I would only like one pipe showing on the exterior.

So I would like the Saniflo waste and the Shower waste to join under the floor, before they are external.

Any issue with that, I am concerned that the Saniflo could pump the waste back into the shower.

Is what I'm asking for simple, or fraught with difficulties?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Not an expert on such matters, but..... The Saniflo waste will be pumped under pressure and if the exit pipe becomes restricted the likely outflow will be via your shower or sink. It needs to go all the way separately.

Another possibility is that when you flush the Saniflo it will suck the water out of the shower trap & allow smells to rise into the shower enclosure.

Sponsored Links
All sensible, thanks guys.

Guessing a valve on the shower waste would likely create potebeissues, if restricting directional flow?

In our downstairs loo we have a Saniflo. A Sanislim I think. It has entry ports for a basin and a shower. Pretty sure any hair will be caught in the shower trap rather than the actual macerator and in any case, surely any hair that makes it to the macerator will be chopped up with everything else. You can treat the macerator every so often with descaling fluid which should also dissolve any hair that builds up inside. You can also get dedicated hair catchers for shower wastes.

Wouldnt connect a shower to the discharge pipe of a Sani but would a basin with a self closing valve. Hair can be a problem if it is tight curly hair or if the lady falls pregnant and descaler will not disolve hair nor will a macerator chop it up.
Post #4 does not apply and all things considered it is not a good idea.

Or do some research on saniflo problems (also use the spelling 'saniflow'), and ask yourself if its worth the risk....

Hi,
We would suggest to keep them separate due to what people have said above about it could pull on traps, the high pressure potentially come back up the waste pipe from basin/shower and if you experienced blockages.

If you have to still join them together then increasing the pipe size when joining them can help, also joining them together as far away as possible from the appliances can help reduce some of the issues from possibly happening but for best results we would keep them separate.

Hi,
We would suggest to keep them separate due to what people have said above about it could pull on traps, the high pressure potentially come back up the waste pipe from basin/shower and if you experienced blockages.

If you have to still join them together then increasing the pipe size when joining them can help, also joining them together as far away as possible from the appliances can help reduce some of the issues from possibly happening but for best results we would keep them separate.
Welcome along Saniflo, and where doing the above is not possible would you agree that joining from above rather than a side on joint and a self closing valve fitted above will help with the issue?
PS What is the activation level on a Top nowadays?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back