connecting shower screens

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All, I'm after your help.

A while ago I fitted a shower screen on a walk in shower. As shown in the picture. The glass is 8mm.

I decided to fit a return screen at the end of the panel to help stop water going onto the bathroom floor.

I couldn't order a return where I bought the glass screen so bought from else where. Dofferent make but same pattern.

The problem I've got is connecting them. The gap is bigger than the 8mm glass eng. Infact the gap is around 19mm as per the picture.

I'm struggling to describe the part I need to either stores, can anyone assist what I need to complete the job?

thanks Mally

Attachments

• IMG_20200519_185136.jpg
    IMG_20200519_185136.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 203
  • IMG_20200519_185239.jpg
    IMG_20200519_185239.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 205
  • IMG_20200519_185147.jpg
    IMG_20200519_185147.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 201
  • screen.png
    screen.png
    92.2 KB · Views: 224
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Trying to understand what your issue is.

You have bought a return for you original paneled screen that's 8mm thick. You have a corner profile that should fit onto the main screen and then the return fits into that and the trouble your having is that the gap of the profile strip you have is too wide? Where did the corner profile come from, did it come with the return and does it fit the retun ok? How thick is the return screen?

Is the issue that you need to make up the 11mm difference between this corner profile and the main screen? If so you need either a rubber gasket or fit and then wedge the profile onto the main screen, fill with silicone and let it set. Awful large gap to fill though.

Last edited:
I must admit that I don't understand the question from the OP's post
A gap that's too big can be packed. One that's too small is a bugger
A diagram would help as the picture doesn't

Yes, you could do it that way I guess. If you use the channel for the 8mm glass though, then the channel width drops to 13mm, still better than 8mm I guess.

I presume the edge of the new return is 19mm thick, where it fits into the corner profile and the corner profile is the same 19mm at either side, so no issue at that side?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back