connecting shower using flexible tap connector

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. I have had to replace my electric shower with a new one and the water inlet is on the opposite side to the old one. If I align the new shower with the water supply then there is not enough room for the shower unit. I was thinking that I could use a flexible tap connector to bridge the distance instead of calling out a plumber to change the piping.

Is it possible to use a 15mm flexible tap connector to connect the shower to to an isolation valve on the water supply ie use the compression end for the shower inlet and use the female tap end to screw onto the isolation valve? If it's possible, what size do I use as I have seen 1/2 inch and 3/4 inch x 15mm flexible connectors.

Thanks for your help

Sponsored Links
You'd be lucky to fit that inside the shower casing. And if you can, you'd be very lucky to fit it without managing to kink the hose when tightening it.

All I can say is, try it. But I'm doubtful it will work and its not really ideal.

1/2"x15mm is the one you'd need.

Hi. I have had to replace my electric shower with a new one and the water inlet is on the opposite side to the old one.

You should of double checked your positions of your elecy/water supplies first then buy the right shower.

take the new one back & get one of the multi fit ones from someone like Mira

Sponsored Links
Thank you all for your help. I installed the Mira Sprint last night using a flexible tap connector hose and the hose fitted perfectly without any kinks. The upward part (that connects to the shower) of the existing copper pipe was too short anyway so the flexible hose was perfect. I just connected the compression fitting end to the shower inlet and screwed on the tap end to the service valve. Shower works perfectly :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back