Connecting Underfloor Heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

We recently had an extension built including a new bathroom. The electricians wired a fused spur in for us but at the time the tiler had not completed tiling the bathroom floor etc.

Now they have finished the build and the tiler has finished the bathroom I need the undefloor heating connected from the thermostat to the fused spur. Unfortunately the electricians/builders seem a bit too bust with their new job to come back and do this for me!

My question is, can I do this myself as they have wired the fused spur in for me under Part P, all I'm doing is connecting the room controller?? Is the floor separately notifiable?

Many thanks,

Mike.

Sponsored Links
It's all one job.

If they have notified it then you should have received a Certificate of Completion.

If you have not received that then you should ask them where it is!

They may say that they haven't completed the job yet, so you can then tell them to complete it or give you a chunk of your money back.

They should also be giving you a minor works certificate for the fused spur that will (IMPORTANT) record the trip times of the RCD which is MANDATORY for underfloor heating in your bathroom.

I would not want to be standing on a grid pumping 230volts under my wet feet and body unless the whole installation had been properly tested and certified to be safe.

The UFH is supposed to be tested as the tiling progresses to ensure it is not damaged.

The resistance has to be measured and manufacturer's certificate signed by the installer to ensure it will work correctly.

Too late now, fingers crossed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back