Connecting Vaillant external sensor VRC 693

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Trying to connect the VRC693 external sensor. The manual says to connect the AF terminal at the sensor to the AF terminal at the boiler, and OT terminal to OT. Simple.

Only the two connectors at the VRC693 connector are labelled 16C and T85 and not AF or OT !

I'll be calling Vaillant tomorrow, but if anyone knows and saves me the call ....

Sponsored Links
It doesn't matter, its a thermistor you are connecting so polarity isn't important. Just ensure you use the brown/dark red connector block supplied at the boiler X41 position. AF & OT are marked on the connector block.

Sponsored Links
Thanks 831 Bunny, I've done that now, and now a new icon has appeared on the main display showing with a house icon and temperature of 12.5 C so assuming it's detected the outside sensor and all is well.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back