Connection into soil pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks,

The 32mm push fit pipe system on the right is fairly new piping which terminates in the same size of rubber grommet type interface as the one on the left which is solvent weld (original pipes) , not sure what size but think slightly bigger! They both used to be tye solvent weld piping but I replaced tye right one a couple of years ago when I was renovating the bathroom. Anyway, at the time I just wrapped the 32mm push fit elbow with some ptfe so as to take up the slack inside that rubber grommet. Seemed to work well. I'm doing up my other ensuite now which is where tye picture was taken and I'm wondering if there is an actual correctly sized grommet I could replace the current one with then remove all that ptfe? Or just leave it?

Attachments

• IMG_20200609_203639.jpg
    IMG_20200609_203639.jpg
    248 KB · Views: 188
Sponsored Links
You have there 'Boss adaptors' in a 'Soil manifold'. The adaptors are standard waste pipe sizes, (32, 40 or 50mm), for what they cost it would be daft not to replace them. Designed as 'push fit' but the material hardens with age and loses its flexibility, hence why when you replaced a pipe, the new section didn't fit so tightly.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back