Connection problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.

Can someone please tell me the exact fitting I need to extend the waste and inlet hose on a washing machine/dishwasher.

I need to extend both on each appliance so I can let the excess go past both machines and then connect to the side.

I am having problems pushing both units back to the wall.

I have bought connectors, hose clips and spare waste hoses, but one end of the hose has a much bigger end that is to big to use a hose clip on.

I also need a 3/4 bsp to 3/4 bsp and can't seem to see one in screwfix.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
If you push your connector into the large end it should push right in until it hits the stop in the cetre of the connector.

Then push your small end onto the connector and it'll go inside the end of the large hose then use 1 jubilee clip on the end of the large hose which holds the smaller hose aswell cause it's inside.

Hi seco services.

I did that before I posted on here.

It just doesn't look right, although the hose clip has tightened on both.

Is this the normal way of doing connecting.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Is this the normal way of doing connecting.

Thanks.

yes or you can use abit of overflow pipe the connector just acts as an insert to strengthen the joint or the jubilee will just keep tightening.

the large one should be a good fit over the small one just needs nipping up.

The inlet is straight foreward just get a 3/4" x 3/4" bsp coupler.

Don't look like screwfix/toolstation do them anymore.

I think I bought a back to back male 3/4 from Screwfix but it was not in the catalogue where it was expected to be!

Tony

male-male
I'll work on the assumption that it's to link 2 inlet hoses together.

3/4" brass hexagon nipple:
COMAP-comap-brass-hexagon-nipple-1-pack-of-2.jpg

Most/all local merchants should have one.

Thanks guy's.

I've taken your advice and all is working great.

Thanks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back