conservation windows detail

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there

We have been asked by the council to provide details at 1:5 for the door and window head, cill and reveals as a planning condition. Does anyone know where I can obtain such details or a book that would provide this.

thanks

Sponsored Links
You'll need to get these from whoever is going to supply your windows. They should be able to sort you out with something good enough. If the installed windows differ from the ones the officer approves......... Especially if, as Shy's beaten me to it, its listed, the conservation cock will likely be quite strict, having said that they can usually be quite helpful in telling you exactly what they want. Is it listed? What windows have been proposed in the application? single glazed? metal/timber? Many variations!

thanks for the help.

We proposed to re-use the existing windows and doors as an existing wall is being moved forward slightly so I'm not sure how I would go about detailing them. Unless we speak to the planners and see if it is satisfactory just to say that they will be installed as existing.

thanks

Sponsored Links
Why would they need detailing if you're going to repair the existing ones? Have word with them, is it listed/have you had to get conservation consent?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back