Conservative vote winner?

Imo the idea is basically a non starter ??

There even on about sanctioning parents for there children not complying ?? Even though they are 18 ???

Sponsored Links
Gammon is the name given to the meat from the hind legs of a pig that has been cured in the same way as bacon. The main difference between gammon and ham is that gammon will be sold raw and needs to be cooked; ham is sold cooked or dry-cured and ready for eating.

Our kids are are just not rounded or balanced enough like the Israelis are. There's not enough love for their country
Huge difference between Israel and Britain.
Israel, rightly or wrongly sees an existential threat to its existence as a state, if Britain faced a similar threat, then the response of the population would be different.

Huge difference between Israel and Britain.
Israel, rightly or wrongly sees an existential threat to its existence as a state, if Britain faced a similar threat, then the response of the population would be different.
Other nations like Sweden manage it.

Sponsored Links
I had no idea it was considered racist. I've always thought it was just a bit of fun about people with certain attitudes, going red in the face when they get angry, thinking about gay people and immigrants etc.
like Indian people when they bob their head showing interest? - isn't it funny to laugh at them... no it isn't.

Nonsense. Your grasp of English is about as good as your grasp of the law, or the topic of abortion. (n)
Your grasp of.... wait... what is it you an expert in again? oh thats right its.... no sorry you'll have to tell me :LOL:

like Indian people when they bob their head showing interest? - isn't it funny to laugh at them... no it isn't.

Something about this gammon thing really triggers right wingers. Turns them into prigs. Even though they have no problem dishing out political insults of their own. I'm finding it very revealing. Is it really so bad to poke a bit of fun at people for getting themselves all lathered up about unimportant issues and going red with the strain?

How strange that making fun of someone's skin colour is considered offensive.

At first reading i thought that some form of National service would be a good idea.
However it now appears to be just another cynical stunt by Sunak.
The Tories aren't above exploiting the sense of old fashioned values among British voters.
Sunak pulled the same stunt with his Windsor framework, he deliberately roped in King Charles to endorse his plan, by pointing out to Unionists that the King supported his plan, he argued that they should support it as well.
If National service was reintroduced, what regiment would Sunaks relatives serve in.
Weren't the Bengal Lancers disbanded after the Raj ended.

It's nothing to with the normal colour of their skin. It's about the anger and the frothing.
and Indians don't bob their head all the time, so we can laugh at them when they do?

Gammon is a racial insult based on skin colour. Would you call a black man who was angry a gammon?

Other nations like Sweden manage it.
The Swedes believe they face a threat from Russia, this could explain it.
Britain is different, in that Russia has never aspired to invade Britain militarily.
Conflicts with Russia in the past have geopolitical and imperial in nature.

Sponsored Links
Back